FAMIS Customer Service Information
- Read the information below for instructions and background details for creating service requests.
- Follow the corresponding link to access the FAMIS self-service application to enter a service request.
- Alternatively, you can return to the FAMIS information homepage.
- Important note: to access FAMIS, you must be within the CSU network. If you are outside of the CSU network and would like to enter a service request, please contact Dispatch directly by email or phone at 970-491-0077.
Accessing FAMIS Self-service System
- FAMIS Self-service - direct link for customer service component of FAMIS, used to create service requests; requires login with eName and ePassword via the Campus Administrative Portal (CAP); after logging in to CAP, click the FAMIS Self-Service link on the right side
- FAMIS Self-service Video Tutorial - training video showing common usage of the FAMIS self-service application for creating service requests and performing other related tasks
On-Line Work Requests
Non-Emergency requests for maintenance or services should be entered into the On-Line Work Request. If the information provided does not address maintenance or service requirements, please contact the Facilities Dispatch office, 970-491-0077. These items may include, but are not limited to lights out in office; no electrical power to outlet; dripping faucets; patching of hole in wall; sprinkler watering sidewalk; dusting; etc. When entering an online service request, please specify the building name and room number/area as part of the description of the work to be performed.
Work requests deemed a maintenance EMERGENCY (i.e. Health, Life, Safety, and/or risk of property loss) should be called into the Facilities Dispatch office at 970-491-0077, and NOT entered into the On-Line Work Request System. These items may include but are not limited to natural gas odors and/or leaks; water running in building from a main water line; fire; loss of power to the building; etc.
Requests for services in Residence Halls and Apartments should be directed to Housing and Dining Services at 970-491-7171.
Other Request Types
Requests for services at the Student Recreation Center should be directed to Campus Recreation at 970-491-6359.
Requests for services at Lory Student Center or plaza should be directed to the LSC Operations Office at 970-491-4284.
Requests for remodel or construction services work should be directed to the Facilities Management Remodel and Construction Services.
Regular maintenance and free of charge to the customer
Accessibility Services Shop
- Existing, University installed lock/door closures and hardware;
- Sticking, hard to turn door knows;
- Keys sticking/stuck in locks;
- Door closures not working properly.
- Repairs to existing windows, walls, doors, floors, floor coverings, safety rails, etc.
- Dead bugs in window sill;
- Entryway glass needs cleaned;
- Office missed during regular vacuuming;
- Clean up water from leaking pipe;
- Icy entryway;
- Snow on entry walk.
- Lights out (e.g. ceiling, fume hood, overhead desk lights, exterior building lights, etc.);
- Loss of power to existing wall outlets;
- Loss of electrical power in building; parts of building or several buildings (Emergency – Call Facilities Dispatch, 970-491-0077);
- ADA doors that are not operating correctly.
- Sprinkler spraying sidewalk/street;
- Weeds growing in flower bed;
- Tree needs trimmed;
- Limb hanging from tree;
- Icy sidewalk;
- Snow on sidewalk;
- Snow removal needed in disabled parking space.
HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration)
- All building heating systems (except personal space heaters);
- Building air movement (except personal fans);
- Building cooling (does not include personal free standing cooling units or window A/C units);
- Refrigerated walk-ins and freezers (does not include lab, common, private refrigerators or –80 or below freezers);
- Room / Building too hot or too cold.
- Leaking fixtures (e.g. faucets, hoses, deionized or distilled water systems, toilets, urinals;
- Water leaking from ceilings, walls, interior and exterior pipes;
- Interior and exterior natural gas lines (Emergency – Call Facilities Dispatch, 970-491-0077);
- Laboratory gas burners, turrets and compressed air.
Fee for service - requires Work Order Authorization (W.O.A.)
Accessibility Services Shop
- Install University locks;
- Re-key University locks (e.g. file cabinet or desk locks). A limit of 10 cabinet keys will be provided at no charge if the blanks are in stock;
- Re-key due to lost / stolen keys.
- Install department-purchased furniture and fixtures (e.g. desks, keyboard trays, wallboards, shelves, artwork, etc.).
- Request for special cleaning services (e.g. carpet cleaning beyond normal maintenance schedule; special cleaning services for events; requests for floor refinishing, etc.).
- Install, move additional or provide different light fixtures;
- Add outlets;
- Hook up equipment;
- Add power to panel for additional equipment;
- Repair departmental equipment (e.g. growth chambers, refrigerators, freezers, lasers, dishwashers, etc.).
- Mowing Services beyond normal maintenance;
- Irrigation shut off for events.
- Install department purchased equipment (e.g. window air conditioning units, refrigerators, ice machines, growth chambers, incubators, sterilizers, etc.).
- Move furniture or lab equipment;
- Set up services for departmental events;
- Delivery of tables and chairs.
- Install/move fixtures;
- Install piping for departmental equipment (e.g. dishwashers, sterilizers, etc.).